Tuesday 19 June 2007

Chinese Wallpaper



I discovered the beauty of Chinese wall'paper'. They are mostly hand painted on silk and very expensive. As the Chinese are good in copying everything, I went to the home decorating markets to look for the same beauty on normal paper for affordable prices. But I found only some less interesting prints on vinyl paper. So far. I still have that idea of having a room decorated in Chinese Style or a bathroom or guest toilet covered with Chinese Wallpaper.

Here are some pretty wall decorations - above and below hand painted on silk, available via Lehman & Qian in Shanghai and Karolina Lehman in Beijing.







The last three pictures I found via Wallpaper and digital murals on Flickr.

2 comments:

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

Oh lovely...! You can guess why I like them!

- Susan - said...

Maryam,
I guess you like the first one with the peacock best?

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs